Before Your Surgery
- Be prepared to bring your driver’s license, insurance card(s), and form of payment with you
- Bring a list of medications you are currently taking
- The Surgery Center will call before your scheduled surgery to discuss any questions and to confirm your appointment time. Be sure to let the staff know of any special needs.
- Do not eat, drink, or use tobacco products after midnight. This also applies if you are having local anesthesia.
- All infants, including those who are breastfed, please bring their bottle or sippy cup.
- Call the Surgery Center if you develop a cold, fever, or respiratory problems prior to your surgery.
- For women of childbearing age, be prepared to provide a urine sample.
- Arrange for someone to drive you home following your surgery and to stay with you for a day. That person needs to stay at the Center during your procedure. They must be over 18 years of age.
Day of Surgery
- Bathe or shower the morning of your surgery to minimize the chance of infection.
- Women should remove all makeup and nail polish
- Wear loose, casual clothing and tennis shoes.
- Bring an extra change of clothes for children.
- Leave all valuables at home (jewelry, including piercings).
- If your child is having surgery, feel free to bring a favorite stuffed animal or security blanket.
- After your surgery you will be moved to our fully equipped recovery room and monitored by our nursing staff until you are ready to go home.